Celestial Programming: Greg Miller's Astronomy Programming Page
Greg Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Julian dates. Snippets regarding Julian date conversions.
- Low Precision Moon Position. Low precision moon algorithm from the Astronomical Almanac. Accuracty .5deg between 1900 and 2100
- Low Precision Sun Position. Low precision algorith from the Astronomical Almanac to return RA/DEC of Sun. Accuracy 1deg from 1950-2050.
- Algorithm for Rise, Set, and Transit Times. A simplified implemention of the Rise, Set, Transit algorithm from the book Astronomical Algorithms.
- Moon Position Code to compute the position of the moon using the truncated ELP82 theory in Astronomical Algorithms.
- Moon Phases Implementation from Astronomical Algorithms to compute the dates of phases of the moon.
- Illuminated Fraction of the Moon An implementation of Meuus' aproximation of the illumnated fraction of the Moon's disk.
- Day of Week Compute the day of the week for a given date, useful for generating calendars.
- Compact Ephemeris A compact and fast ephemeris to generate approximate planet positions. Algorithm from the Explanatory Supplement.
- RA/Dec to Alt/Az Quick approximate conversion to Alt/Az
- Ra/Dec to Alt/Az Test Data A set of about 300 test cases to validate the RA/Dec to Alt/Az implementations.
- Decimal Hours/Deg to Components Converts decimal forms of hours and degrees to hours, minutes, seconds, and degrees to degrees, arcminutes, arcseconds.
- Horizon DistanceCompute various values relating to the distance to the horizon.